Once Upon a Time...

Once upon a time, I didn't ride a bike.
Its not that long ago really.
My life, up until several years ago, revolved around horses. Three Day Event in particular...I was consumed by this passion from the time I was about 4 yrs old riding a pony named Star. It lasted into my thirties, and took me to many exciting places in the world. I now recognize how much I miss it. So many horses, so much time...
I have been going through some old photos lately, and the memories are hitting me head on. I am going to post them here as I dig them out, so they will be saved forever. Seems my time with the nags happened mostly pre digital era lol .
I think it's time I rekindle what I started as a child...
Anyone have a horse I can play with?? :

Dressage in Georgia with The Marshall

My ass at the Royal with Quantum Leap 
Marshall and I tearing it up in Bromont, Que.
Rupert Bear!
That time I showed Icelandic Horses at the Royal with Susan - for Henkell Trocken 
Samm,  flying high in North Carolina

Comments

Nicola said…
Sarah, I just read a few of your blog posts after Barb Campbell suggested I should take a look. I can totally relate to your renewed horse passion. Some 20 (well more like 35) years after I stopped eventing, as you may know, Alex and I bought some horses in Argentina, packed them up and rode across Patagonia for a couple of months. I still own my little Judy who lives near the town of El Bolson! Wish I could share a few photos here of that trip and of me eventing. We have plans for a bigger trip in the future.
N