Photo dump and loose ends...

Not a lot on the books tonight, but thought I might do a little dump of some recent photo-goings-ons, and a blerb or two...bear with me , this will be a little dry -


 Winter continues to hold it's grip on us - despite the last couple of gorgeous days where I have been allowed the chance to get out on the bike in beautiful sunshine!! The photo above is from my cousin, up at the cottage on the ice last Friday night - amazing fire, and good friends - awesome...



 The trails around here are slowly clearing up, but for the most part, things are still pretty deep. Not bad for running, but riding is pretty sketchy...unless you can get in there at the crack of dawn before the melt...skiing is done...(good news is I finally get to say 'melt' without anger...)

Somehow, in the magical way that the Interwebs work, my Uncle stumbled upon this blog not so long ago. He had some comments, but mostly just the observation that I don't write at all about wine these days. True, it is something I have neglected for lack of a solid enough bank account to taste all of the things I need to taste and keep up to date on, and it has been so long since I was in the biz, but I suppose in honour of family, I could rekindle my passion for purple prose. I wish I had a good bottle to write about, but that will have to wait. I have been toying around in the 10-19 buck range, and while there are some good bargains available, not a lot knocks my socks off, so I will hunt around for a new fun something to write about this week. The bottle pictured below was one I had high hopes for a couple weeks back, but it disappointed. Maybe it was a lack of proper accompaniment, but since my dinners these days more often than not consist of a bowl of popcorn, or just not dinner, the bottle failed to stand on it's own.

Some shots of cheese, as I am happily plodding away at GBC in the Cheese program, and still loving it - now if I had had some Curado Manchego with the above bottle, maybe I would have thought more of it...hmmm...better rethink...
My favorite school times are when we all get together to 'study' and end up eating too much amazing cheese, and drinking just a bit of wine to cut the fat :) I hope this part doesn't stop ... We have just completed the second course of New World Cheese, and I look forward to the Affinage and Cave Aged courses coming up soon...word to the wise - if you EVER, read EVER come across a Jasper Hill Harbison wheel, do not hesitate, just put down your money , grab it, and run like a kid with a new scooter at Xmas - your welcome...and please invite me :)




Riding, running and spinning as much as I can, and feel pretty good, but I can tell the very early season quivers of a breaking point still in my legs on the longer tougher climbs. I have a lot of work to do still - hopefully I can keep the momentum going...
Below is a photo of the Hilton Falls Currie Tract entrance map - I borrowed a fat bike one Friday and had an awesome ride in there, so good in fact that I told all my friends, fat and skinnies alike, to join for the next morning - of course we all got there, it got warm, and skinny tires were impossible to use - the fatties still had a great time for the rest of us, it was a three hour hike a bike...still exercise I suppose :)



 And finally, I said goodbye to my car...errr, rather it said goodbye to me, and died on the way to the dealership to get a new one - just didn't want to go without a fight...you will be missed old friend...many memories; many roadtrips...bon voyage:)


 That's all really...totally dry like I said. So there...

And just a couple weeks until H2I - who's in??

Comments