How to remember...

After this weekend, I am starting to wonder if my a$$ can remember what it feels like to sit in the saddle for 12 hrs. straight...only 2 weeks to go until my first race of 2013, and it's gonna hurt - I am certain. That bit in my previous post about how great the running is feeling is fine and all, but it does just about jack for how my seat is gonna feel on a bike for repeated hours. Won't be long until I am hitting hour number 8, yelling "Santos!!" at the top of my lungs as I realize I still have 4 hours to go - but, I digress...the things we do for fun :)
This weekend was perfect for some good training. Got in a couple great trainer sessions, and as I could no longer bear the thought of spinning inside any further, I decided on Sunday to get out for a few good hours in the forest. Palgrave is in perfect shape right now - and spending the early AM watching "Reveal the Path" , and fixing up my bike, I was primed for some trail time...beautiful, sticky, flowy trail time...sigh...:)


Further on in the inspiration framework...Saturday night I went to a really great party at work...yes, at work. How often do you get to say you went to a really great party at your place of employment? Woolwich has been working really hard on a new section of their plant in Orangeville - it has been up and running for a couple months now, and finally it was time to show it off. We had a red carpet, a really great band, awesome food (plus goat cheese of course...:) and boozy drinks!! Hurrah!! It was great to see everyone and show off the new digs - totally top notch. Seeing the tasty offerings at the party put me in the mood for cooking, so Sunday, after the ride and pre-Superbowl, I had a little kitchen time...as it's Heart Health month out and about, Salmon seemed a good choice with all its heart healthy Omega 3's - they say farmed salmon has more Omega 3 than wild...bullocks I say, and I'm NOT gonna fall for that....So, I went for WILD - always, always, always - go for wild. The world will thank you....this is what I put together, and it really worked well...

Almond and Coconut Crusted WILD Salmon with Roasted Red Pepper and Chevre Coulis

For the crust - blend together in a grinder or processor...1 cup lightly toasted natural almonds, 1/4 cup toasted coconut meat, 2 Tb oatmeal, or millet, 2 tsp. flax seeds, pinch of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika...set aside

On the salmon filets - brush each filet with 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp dijon mustard.
Press the flesh (ha!) into the crust mix and press to fully coat. Place on a baking sheet and roast at 400F for 10 mins. - or to desired doneness.

For the coulis - Roast 1-2 large red peppers. Puree in a blender with 2 Tb. red wine vinegar, 2 Tb ex. virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper, 1 tsp honey, 1 clove garlic, and 1-2 oz. soft goats cheese (depending on your creaminess desires...sooooooooooo good....could eat this on anything....:)
Drizzle over, or use as a bed, for the roasted salmon filet - saweet!


Bon Appetit, ya'll...





Comments