And then....

Well, I guess the rest of the summer is kinda history. To say things didn't turn out as planned is to say the least. However, there have been some amazing moments!! When I got back from the Tour Divide, I set my sights, goals, and training toward the 24 Solo Worlds - to take place back in Canmore in Sept. I went to work on getting ready, and set aside a lot of other racing in favor of good long training days, and recovery from the hooplah out West. Sadly though, with about 3 weeks to go, and travel plans all set, the World Champs. was cancelled. Yup....cancelled. Rug...out....
Soooooo, I decided too regroup AGAIN, and try for at least 24 hours of racing, even if it was broken up into chunks. Did the Mountainview 9 HR. - can't say enough good stuff about this race! Do it do it do it - next year for sure. Then I hopped over to Pauls Dirty 100 and my first 100 on the singlespeed - always a fun course even if it was 104Km this year :) The rain in the days leading up to it helped - oh gawd, it helped...whew...Then I zipped up to the Epic 8Hr at Hardwood Hills and another awesome day on the trails.
So in the end, the summer ended with a bang, and a lot of fun was had! I am totally looking forward to the fall and the best time of year to be on a bike. I look forward to many rides with friends - including some rides with an old friend who is gearing up for the Arrowhead 135 fat bike race in January - talk about hard core...if I had a fat bike....hmmmmm ;)
Anyhoo - cheers to you my friends - see ya in the woods!


Comments