yes, it's time...

well, it's about time for me to begin with the whole blog-thingy - after setting up this idea in my mind several months, if not years, ago...now it's time to jot down some thoughts. I fully intend on regular blurbs about my life, my food, my studies, pets, sports, friends and family etc, so let this be my first and feeblest attempt to begin my journey.
The most I can give you for tonight, is that it has been a great, long day. Early to rise after missing the time change, I hopped on my bike (Specialized Enduro SL - winter bike) for a couple hours of spinning around the neighbourhood. Despited the warmer temps., my feet still froze - working on different toe-set ups to battle this...more on that another day.
I zipped down to T.O. for a really fantastic chat with Jae Steele all about how to begin with writting a cookbook. She has just dropped a fantastic book titled "Get it Ripe" - highly recommended - I have spent the last 2 hours since my return home, pouring over the pages, and dreaming of what I will cook up tomorrow! (thanks Jae!) For anyone Vegan, Vegetarian, or just plain interested in awesome, healthful, whole food meals, check it out. mmmmmm.....:)
On that note, I leave you with a recipe that I have been working on for a chia seed pudding - modifications/additions welcome....

Chia Pudding

1/2 cup raw cashews or raw almond butter (if almond butter, use 1/3 cup)
1 1/2 cups filtered water - you could do 1/2 coconut milk and water for richness too!
1 1/2 Tb. agave syrup or manuka honey
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/2 Tb. vanilla
pinch of celtic sea salt
just shy of 1/4 cup Chia seeds (sooo high in Omega 3, calcium, antioxidents, minerals, fibre, and is incredibly digestively soothing!!)
Optional additions - 1 Tb. organic cocoa, or cinnamon, or...? (cardamom would be wicked) raisins, dried cranberries...yada, yada...

Blend cashews and water until smooth. Add agave or honey, vanilla, almond, salt and mix well. Add chia seeds to this mix, and pour into a jar or lidded container. Shake well. Add your extras - let sit overnight in the fridge, et voila! Yummy...:)

Comments