Race Report 8: Ontario Cup Sudbury ... hot, hot, hot!

(Yes, it is getting redundant to talk about how hot this one was, but...it really was...good thing I don't mind the heat too much! and thanks to friends for bottle dump offerings in the feedzone :)

So, this post was to be a double whammy report on races 8 and 9, with Nationals last weekend being number 9...but....well, I didn't race Nationals, so I'll stick to talking a little about number 8...

I was really excited to head to Sudbury for this race after seeing, and riding, but not racing the course last year - I knew the trails were super fun, and my kinda favorite riding...plus, blueberries - I mean, need I say more?? :)
I started the weekend on Friday PM with a drive up to the cottage, conveniently halfway, to meet a good friend who was heading to Parry Sound for a road race the next AM - she needed to be there for 7AM, so crashing the night at my place seemed the logical thing to do - so did drinking wine, staying up late and telling stories, and catching up, and eating chips, and in general, doing a whole lot of not really good pre-race prep :) but...I told myself...my race wasn't until Sunday, so it would be OK...
After getting her to the marina safely at 6:30 AM the next morning (beautiful morning too) I went back over to the cottage, gathered my gear, and then met the team for a carpool to Sudbury.

Arriving in the beautiful town of Sudbury, we headed to Walden Hills for a little pre ride on the course. Just as I had remembered from last year with a bit of new stuff thrown in - and also, plenty of fresh woodchips on the double track just like last year...I had put those out of my mind but there was no avoiding it now....regardless, the course was really great - good rocky tech stuff, some grunty climbs, and ripping quick rocky descents - wahoo! I managed one spectacular endo onto a rock just to wake me up; still recovering from a bruised bone on my forearm...it hurt...a lot...sigh...
I made myself feel better at the end by heading over to the Q Energy drink tub and drowning my sorrows - that stuff is awesome!!! I am glad they brought it out, and gave us samples, because now I have a new go-to drink for work...yum.

So, on to race day, and the incredible heat (ya, I said it...) - Starting in the Singlespeed catagory, we were slotted for 1:30 PM - the heat, yup, of the day :) I lined up with the others, and then the horn blew, and I barely saw them again...sigh...!! I spun like mad up the first doubletrack, knowing full well I didn't have the legs or enough gearing (working towards that 17...I swear...) to catch up to those super-fast dudes - story of my life - but, as I had planned, of course ;), this meant that I was well behind going into the first insanely dusty singletrack section, which meant, as planned ;), that the dust had settled enough that I could see the rocks ;))) yup, as planned LOL...but seriously it did help. I put my head down and rode on, doing all I could to keep up, but every time I hit doubletrack, someone would blow past me in big ring, and I got swallowed up by the categories starting behind me - not stellar...but fun! I did manage to pass some people, mostly because they had flatted due to sharp rocks ;) Lots of blown tires out there; just luckily not mine...I had a great time over the rocks, and through the heat. I did have 2 mechanicals that had me stopped in the pits for quick adjustment, but as it was going, I felt this was just par for the course - no biggie, I was not setting any land speed records :) Crossed the finish happily and upright - a good day all around...whew, it was hot! ha...

On the drive home, all I wanted was ice cream, and as there were a plethora of Trading Posts selling Moccasins and Kawartha dairy ice cream, I saw it only fitting that I stop and get a bowl of Moosetracks to savor while I cooled down - no moccasins though...but I did find a really cool moose paddling a canoe, made of nuts and bolts, that now cheezily sits on my mother's kitchen table...love it!

A great trip north and fun times with the Bikezone crew; this is why I love to race my bike :)
Just not at Nationals...as I had planned...then decided against. I was sad about this, but there were issues both physical, and not, that saw the week turn out in a different manner than I thought it might, so missing the race was my best option. Ah well...

On to the Epic 8 Hr.!




Comments

1. Bảng hiệu chữ nổi inox.
Chất liệu chính được làm bằng họ kim với độ bền cực cao trong môi trường vì chất liệu lầ inox nên hay yêu tâm vì không bị oxy hoá trong thời tiết việt Nam đâu ạ. Thiết kế bảng hiệu này cần sự tỉ mĩ và cần thiết chi phí bởi chất liệu inox rất tốt nhưng sẽ cao hơn các chất liệu khác. Ông cha ta có nói " tiền nào của nấy" chi phi có thể mắc hơn chưng chất lượng chỉ dùng 2 từ là " tuyệt hảo". Với loại này khach àng có thể lựa chọn kết hợp thêm chữ nổi mặt inox hông inox hoặc chữ nổi inox để mica.
2. Bảng hiệu chữ nổi mica.
Chất liệu chính được dùng là mica là một loại vật liệu tương đối dẻo, bền, có thể dễ dàng uốn nắn trong quá trình gia công, vậy nê chúng ta dễ dàng tạo hình mong muốn để dễ sự dụng hay tăng tính thẩm mỹ cho loại bảng quảng cáo này. Không chỉ có khả năng xuyên suốt ngày và đêm mà chúng ta có thể kết hợp cùng đèn led để tạo sự ấn tượng, kì bí cho khách hàng. Chúng ta có thể kết hợp hay lựa chọn nhiều loại để thích hợp như sau:
• Chữ nổi mặt mica hông inox.
• Chữ nổi mặt mica hông mica.
• Chữ nổi mica hông foam.
• Chữ nổi mặt mica hông alu
3. Bảng hiệu chữ nỗi alu.
Chất liệu chính là alu đây là loại hợp kim nhôm với khả năng chống oxy hoá cao, dễ dàn uốn nắn và làm bóng, độ bền cao. Bảng hiệu chữ nỗi alu thường được dùng nhiều trong nhiều trường hợp khác nhau như trong nhà, ngoài trời, hay toà nhà cao tầng khác nhau. Có thể khách hàng lựa chọn màu sắc một cách thoải mái để phù hợp với không gian của mình. Ở bảng hiệu alu có 2 loại cho khách hàng lựa chọn giúp bảng quảng cáo trở nên hoàn thiện hơn đó là:
• Chữ nổi alu hông alu.
• Chữ nổi alu hông foam.
4. Bảng hiệu chữ nổi foam.
Dự trên một mặt nền hông foam đuọc dựng trên một backround cực kì nổi bật tạo cho bảng hiệu một nét ấn tượng riêng giúp người nhìn cảm thấy thoải mẫn và ưa nhìn. Trên chữ nổi được thiết kế các đèn led để ngoài thích nghi với buổi ngày thì buổi đêm cũng trở nên rất ấn tượng.
• Chữ nổi mặt foam hông mica.
• Chữ nổi mặt foam hông foam.
giá làm bảng hiệu hộp đèn
giá làm bảng hiệu đèn led
giá bảng hiệu đèn led
giá làm bảng hiệu quảng cáo
in bảng hiệu
hộp đèn quảng cáo giá rẻ
hộp đèn quảng cáo đẹp

QUẢNG CÁO ĐẠI PHÁT
SĐT: 0935 79 00 28
Website: thietkethicongdaiphat.com