Blleerrrp...Race Report 3 and 4...in brief and delayed...

Yes, well, 3 months later...
Here's a post to catch up - AGAIN -
and in bullet points :)
  • Race 3 = Ontario Cup 1 Woodnewton - first time racing with the boys in the Singlespeed class - all I can say is, man, do they start fast!! I was maxing out and spinning like a hamster just to keep up off the gun - wish I had bigger stronger legs to push a bigger stronger gear across those flats - good goal for the summer. Race went very well and I felt pretty good to be back in the Ocup saddle again. I am riding and Ellsworth Enlightenment this year, and it was really smooth - just need to work on the rider :) Had a good, fun race, and accomplished a couple goals in the mix...
  • Race 4 = Epic 8Hr. Mansfield (Solo) : Put a few gears on the bike (1x10) and hit the hills. Decided to approach this one more like a really long ride than a lapped course - wanted to lose the dependency on my pit zone - so, I loaded up a couple big bottles, enough calories for several hours at a time, and rode. I liked the approach, and ignored all unnecessary desire to stop when I didn't really need to. Despite some good muscle cramping right off the first lap ( working on this -  probably from a very physical week at work...)  everything went really well. I was happy, and a win in the books!
  • I took a pass on Ocup 2 in favour of a 9 Hr training ride in preparation for the upcoming Summer Solstice 24 Hr. race- and it was a good decision - much homework still to do...while training this past weekend, I took a major endo onto my head and tore up the right side of my face, tearing the muscles in my neck,chest, and shoulders - this derailled my long ride plan for Sunday, so I am glad I took some time to get last weekend under my belt!
  • Up this coming weekend...O Cup 3 Sir Sam's - and I am definitely in for this one!! 
And to keep the brief-ness going... in other areas of life - I have a new position at Woolwich - woot! Just starting to get used to new recipes, new machines, and a new way of day to day operations - very excited to get blending and hopefully soon, developing some great cheese :) yummm....we have a new line of Fresh Chevre spreads that are low fat and low sodium, check us out here, and I am toying with ideas for different flavours along this line -  Mexican dark chocolate chevre spread anyone?? ;) Keep ya posted...but I hear a piece of toast calling my name with said choc. spread all over it......adios muchachos 








Comments