Home Again...or am I ?

And now the real story begins! As I look back on previous posts, I could almost predict this...but the enthusiasm was surely there!!!

I am physically home. Sadly it happened too early, and mentally, my thoughts keep wandering back to the patch of dirt where I turned North instead of South; thoughts of catching a plane and hopping back on course continually cloud my mind...

Funny how I can visualize every rock, bump, sage brush, and blade of grass at that exact spot. Not hard really, as it was pretty sparse where the trail turned - either head over the interstate into Lima, or go left along the access road into Dell, a 'town' I had hoped could offer me a solution to my dilemma. It was 6:00PM or so as I recall...would anyone be around?

The answer came a few miles later, as I found a gas station, a restaurant, and a shut down motel. Period. No big deal, someone could point me in the direction of the nearest bike shop for sure...and they did - it was 50 miles North in a town called Dillon...sigh...

Let me back-track a little here - I am writing you a recap of my days on the Tour Divide 2012 - the most amazing length of trail, and a life changing experience to be sure, as I attempted to ride my way down the great divide towards the Mexican border...but you already know that background, so I'll jump into whatever thoughts and accounts I can give you that will let you in on my experience, and my demise, and what has lead to my vow to get back there next year and finish EFI of this trail.

TBC (I promise!)

Comments