TBC...

back at the planning full time - all consumed by TD thoughts and getting really, really excited/nervous!!
Talked with Eric from Revelate Designs today - awesome - and he is doing bags now for the 907 fatbikes that will fit the Misfit frame!! Yahoo to a full frame bag and the ability to carry some extra H2O and stash!! Things are looking up. I have been pouring over the maps lately and doing a lot of research on routes, and barring any unforeseen incidents (which always DO happen...) I might be able to be through in 21 days...
This weekend I will put in some overnight time with the gear, and just ride ride ride. I figure on the Tour, I am going to want to average about 140 miles per day...or something like that, so I am working at getting my mind around a constant spin. I am going to try out some Pearl Izumi X-Alp WRX shoes to keep my toesies warm and dry, and feet happy for hike-a-bike sections through the snow and mud - I think they may be key.
Friday I will make the transition to 1x9 - goodbye SS for a little while - time to get geared up! Wow...it is really gonna happen...

Comments

Snakebite said…
Good luck! I'm looking forward to monitoring the race and for a full recap.