2011 Redux...


Excuse me while I barf this up...

ski days at blue and snowshoes in the valleys.serving jury duty and a heinous murder trial of which the photos I daily try to forget.spinning my legs off before the spring's welcome thaw.a building permit finally granted and the comfort of home.the loss of great friends and the gain of new ones.16 scotches in one glorious Burn's eve.plus the haggis to end all haggi.cakes shaped like groundhogs, faeries and friends.joyfully Joyriding with the ladies.racing the Frostbike snow and slush.a new coffee house and a new spot at the stove.too much Guinness on St.Pat's Day.an Homage to Ice.building trail, fixing trail, playing on trail.my first Super D and a basket of eggs.racing 24 hrs. in the Nova Scotia damp and my awesome Cap'n Bash.Victoria's 100 in for the long haul.Epic 8 hrs. and getting my ass whooped.some trail run racing and duathloning.realizing I can still run if chased by a flock of angry birds.24 Hours on a bike and loving every minute.seriously.Grace Potter and a near miss.finding new trails to the east and realizing the best things in life are free...almost.John Butler 'nuff said.the gig to end all gigs right in my own back yard.wine soaked days in the sun on the dock but far too far between.nephews flung afar to play Provincial rugby and Korean tae kwon do whoop-ass.a niece who became fascinated by fascinators.Leadville 100 and racing like a turtle.Wein's tips and a good cup of Joe. shiny buckle earned.Hot August Nights and victorious Angry Peckers.Paul's Dirty 100 and the dirty effects therein.Lab Rats kickin' it for 6hrs. solid and the fall's first snow.Thanksgiving family and an episode of House finally solved. Leafs in real life a few times over and a love of the game renewed.the hole in the head that won't go away but damnit I'll keep trying.christmas cookie insanity and riding 'till the new year. 9 hrs. on a saturday and the realization that training for a feb. 24hr in Canadian winter is hard.to say the least.looking forward to 2012 with all the trepidation I can fit in my brain. 24Hr. in OP, TourD, w24c. holy shit.

Happy New Year one and all.Cheers to 2012.bonus points if you can place this quote..."For tomorrow, we generate the courage today."

Now, go be awesome...

Comments