Third Day's a Charm

Yesterday the raw deal continued - breakfast was full of berries, macadamia nuts and dates all whirled into an ambrosia; pretty tasty - lunch of Raw Kale Salad with hempseed and nutritional yeast, raw cider vinegar and veggies. This was great tasting, but lacked a protein hit that I craved, so by the afternoon, I was needing a boost. I cheated and threw down a raw Vega bar - awesome, and good enough to get me onto the trainer for a blasting hill workout.
I was lucky enough to get a last minute cancellation physio appt. with the magic woman, and she stuck more needles in me that ever - I am a mess. The healing continues though, but my time on the bike is pretty limited for awhile to trainer workouts where I can give my arms and hands a rest when needed...cooking and chopping continue to suck, but it is my livelihood and I am concerned about that. Lost three fingertips already!! :((((sigh...
I made a kickin' raw pasta sauce last night - cashews, lemon, more nutritional yeast, garlic, scallions, some avocado - threw it on raw noodles (kelp) with chopped tomato and it rocked! Finally a rawcipe I can love a lot. So, in the end, the raw experiment went well...and it continues today...I am digging the way my body is feeling today, and my sugar cravings are getting smaller and smaller...
P.S. dropped my iphone into a vat of Coconut Chicken soup yesterday, and it died - if you need to reach me, try email, or the Coffee house...:)

and one more thing...just made awesome raw veggie burgers - cashews and almonds with celery, garlic, bell pepper, chile, oregano and cumin all blended with a little coconut oil - yummm...and to top it off, tonight, well tomorrow AM really...in fact 12:01 Thursday (tomorrow) AM...is the release of this year's Beaujolais Nouveau - it's beaujolais day!!! Get to the booze shop, get 'em, and give 'em a try!

Comments

A. Webster said…
This raw diet sounds interesting, and yummy. I get hungry just reading about it!
sarahc, RHN said…
It was a fun challenge Ang! Just read your blog, and I am sending you an email - don't forget you rock - your life is so huge and excellent - you'll get through this!!
A. Webster said…
Thanks Sarah. I am a such a foodie geek. Love your posts wether they be about food or riding or your latest crazy adventure. The recent Ben Stiller clip you posted gave me a good laugh! Here's hoping you heal up quick and are back to rocking the mountain bike as much as your heart desires asap.