ahh nutz....

Day one under my belt, and the challenge continues. The raw deal is not really such a bad deal at all...the biggest thing I am noting about this style, is a huge reliance on nuts. I spent a lot of the day being hungry, munching on cucumbers, carrots, apples and bananas, but then the evening hit and I was starving! Dinner called for a nut pate with a nut cream, all wrapped up in lettuce leaves with veggies, olives and avocado on top. When I punched in the numbers, the calories and fat were off the hook! Albeit the day was pretty lean, but to slam a gal with all of that as the last meal of the day was killer. I think I had a cup of nuts at least in total with that meal, plus 1/2 avocado, plus olives - sheesh - all good fats I know, but you can have too much of a good thing. Today, I modify - I am taking their plan and tweaking it - need to up the protein, and trim the fat. Enter Chia...something they are neglecting to use - and upping the hempseeds...
My energy level by 5 PM was pretty low, so I was happy to only have some core and basic strength on the training side, plus really light cardio in the form of a wee run with the pooches - I think there was a bit 'o the detox reaction kicking in...
The challenge continues.

Comments