Run on those pedals...

Words I can't get out of my head lately - not just because this is the crappiest April in a long time, and I am STILL, at times spinning inside with Coaches Troy and Carmichael, but because of this...


Finally finished, I have been trying to figure out the big wheels for the past few spins - I keep hearing Coach Troy's voice shouting "run on those pedals" every time I climb a hill - seems to be working - if I lay off the brakes, this rig can really get rolling! Climbing is awesome cuz it's pretty darn light, and as for rigidity...it is sooooo plush compared to even the carbon forked Soma 40ne5 - big wheels sure make a difference. On top of that, the Misfit frame design just seems to fit - I feel like I am right in the bike, and can hop, skip and jump over the gnarley bits - a really, really awesome ride. It feels relaxed, and fun, and without even trying, despite several pauses to call the dog from her hunting forays, I am actually completing my regular loop about 5 mins. faster than normal. Dunno what that means, but it feels good and I'll take it!

My plans to be in South Carolina for this week got seriously derailed due to far too many extraneous factors, so I have been trying to get the work done here, in the snow, in Southern Ontario. Weak substitute, but sadly, not an option to be had.

The Coffee house is rockin' though - I have been subsisting on coffee, fruit and cinnamon buns for the past few days; that alone is making me weak, never mind the lack of fabulously epic rides in the warm south. It continually amazes me how when our diet becomes lapse in quality, moods can crash, and clarity falters, energy fails, muscles ache, and sleep takes a back seat. Now that things are settling down a little, I can tidy up that corner of my life...starting tomorrow AM...or maybe Thursday...bah...sometime.

Oh ya, and this is still here...


And the look in her eye never changes. Now she perches...staring...waiting for me to move. No rest for the wicked.

Wow, talk about a downer of a post all of a sudden - started out all sunshine and roses, and then took a turn for the worse - so...on the upswing again - I am heading to Kelso on Sat. for my first crack at a Super D race! Hope it's not too rainy, but I am steeling my determination, so should be good to go! Just need some more ladies to come join me!!! Let's do it :)

OK...now I feel better ;)




Comments

Kim said…
Oh - you'll have so much fun at the Super D! Wish I could be there, but we're out of town for Easter.
A. Webster said…
That pic of your black cat freaks me out! Like a little black panther.
Good luck at the Super D!
And sweet bike by the way. 5 minutes faster? Wow!