OK, enough about the time delay...

Random photos from the past few weeks...


Met Barry Wicks at Xterra Michegan, and he signed my broken Hei Hei...R.I.P Hei Hei...

First Raspberry harvest, and subsequent Almond Flour Lemon Raspberry Muffins :)

Radishes are all done now, but it was a great haul!


Well, since my last report, still way too long ago...lots has been going on. I am continuing on a fairly straight path with 'the plan'; a few slips here and there, but pretty straight.
When I last left you, I was getting ready for Buckwallow - well...didn't happen. I realized that I was still pretty zonked from the 24, and chose to sit out the race. Good decision, as it left the window open for some great solo brick work, and good rides with friends. Happy place...
The following weekend, I headed back up to the cottage to
chill, and focus on some good running - seriously more time spent chilling and swimming than running, but some good runs none the less...


I headed up to Collingwood the following Tues. with Bash, to ride 3 Stages for a couple hours, and then to check out the weekly XC Series at Blue Mountain - Very worth it! Fun riding, and a great race organized by getawaystix, as always. I think I will try to get up there for another crack at it soon. The ski hills are great training for Maui fo' sho'



Then this past weekend, I headed to Hardwood for the Epic 8 Hr. Solo. I went in still feeling pretty fatigued. Who knew 24hrs. could take so much outta ya? I rode pretty well; stayed upright; fueled well; watched my pace get slower and slower as the day went on - at least it felt slower - but managed to pull off the 1st spot overall. There was some tough competition as always, so I think this one was a squeeker!! I am happy though, and now continuing to recover, and train, and chill, and garden, and cook and, and, and...
Next up - Kelso Ocup in two weeks after this coming long weekend back up North with friends and family - I loooooovvvvvveeeeeeee summer !! (and winter too, but I'll save that for later ;)

Skye cooling off and loving summer too..

Comments