Oh Canada! and Happy 4th of July...

Happy Birthday (belated) to Canada!
I spent the day as always, riding Dufferin with the crew in honour of our home and native land - gorgeous day out with Peter, Wayne, Bruno, Dunc, Rick, Ries, Michelle, Rocky and myself wheeling up, down and all around. Headed home afterwards to do some work (can't play hooky all the time!), and then back to R&M's for a great BBQ. We noshed, and then strapped on the night lights and rode over to Albion to see the fireworks - amazing to be riding right underneath them as they blazed overhead! I think someone was trying to shoo us off the trails, but the sound of firecrackers was so loud, we just kept riding - perfect!
Did some more work on friday, and then headed up to the cottage with all the other cottagers - traffic was the pits, but I was sooooo happy to get here. The weather has been amazing! The whole family is here, and we are swimming, sailing, paddling, and loafing - so good.
Yesterday I headed to Buckwallow to pre-ride the OCup course for next weekend. It's great, with some new bits cut, and rerouting from last year - still including all our favorite bits - should be an excellent race! After a couple laps with Nancy, we decided to check out all the other trails. With 5 mins. to go on our ride, I stopped to let a boy pass in the other direction, as he was heading up the rock face. I got on to head down the rock face, and promptly fell onto MY face...slid down the rock on my forearm, and destroyed my left knee. OOOOOUUUCCHHHHHH!!! Yup, this is why they call me Crash - so silly. Ah well, guess I'll just have to loaf around today, recover, and enjoy the Muskoka sunshine ;)

Comments