Maybe if I blog....



Sometimes, I embark on some pretty crazy eating patterns in the hopes of getting healthier. Sometimes I'm a little successful; sometimes I fall right off the wagon after a week or two. This is my hope for this time - that if I blog about it, maybe I'll stick to it. It is more than apparent to me that there are still too many sugars in my life. I gave up the refined stuff a long, long time ago (despite regular fall backs for some race fuel - still working on my favorite homemade...), but there is still too much in the form of fruits, whole sugars, alcohol etc...
Sooooo....I am on day 3 of a new approach - I am following, loosely, the method of The Whole Approach - this is a full on healing diet - mine will be slightly modified to add 1 grain serving per day and maybe the odd sweet potato, just to set things right with all the training/racing I do.
My goal is to gain back the vibrancy I felt a year or so ago when I followed a similar plan.
For the past couple days, I have done really well, and felt really good - coffee has been switched to Green Chai with Almond Milk for now, and it's OK!!
Alcohol post social rides has become Soda and Pure Cranberry with lime or lemon - deelish!
I am still seeking good breakfast and snack ideas, as I tire of eggs, and raw veggies sometimes just don't cut it - I will post ideas as they come.

Yeasterdays menu:
Breakfast: bok choy, tomato, zucchini and onion sautéed in coconut oil with 1 egg and 2 whites
Lunch: 1 pc. unyeasted wholegrain rice bread with cold chicken, tomato, avocado and cucumber
Dinner: chicken spedini with raw veggies and my Coco Chia Pudding (a godsend!!)
Downfall - some jiffy pop around the fire after the ride :(
Snacks: carrots and hummus, 1 nectarine and raw almonds, alot of water and cranberry juice

Today: continued effort to amuse myself culinarily while sticking to the plan!!


Comments