Checking In...

Well....derail diverted...kind of...

The past couple days have been a real challenge on the food front. I have been working like a "mad-whore" (to quote JS..;) to get our patio/cafe ready to launch. We had an opening open-house yesterday and all went really well. However, between getting food and details set for the launch, and cooking for my own customers, it meant a couple of days with 10 hrs. steady on my feet, and very sporadic meals. I was up at 5 and cooking, and then to bed a midnight - totally crazy. I did on OK job of sticking to the guidelines, but had to rely on alot of quick fruit snacks, raw veg. and anything I could grab in a hurry. Luckily, I was grilling chicken, so I got the protein in, but I also was making buckwheat/rice tortillas, so they got munched too. Too many maybe, and at weird intervals. I was feeling pretty crappy by last night, when I finally broke down totally. I was working on a Tigernuts Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (why now????) and of course, ate them...then I threw in the towel in frustration, and had a glass of wine. Then a second one, as Hot Tub Time Machine was playing on the TV, so I got sucked in.

Well, I am hoping I got it all out at once, and can regroup now that things have settled a little.
I woke up this AM feeling pretty good - back on the green chai - then out for a great run in the cool woods, followed by a bok choy fritatta with black garlic. Feeling virtuous again - no lighter, but virtuous.
This afternoon I will hit the trails for a ride, and hopefully, keep myself on track - really...

Comments