Snow, Mud, Sun, Run = Fun


Yesterday was the 2010 Seaton Trail Race (26K, 52K, and 50 mi.) I ran the 26K and had a blast - a very chilly blast, but a blast none the less. I wasn't sure how I would hold up, as I have only run a little, and barefoot, in the past couple weeks due to my recurring back/hip problems, but I felt good enough to give it a shot - why the heck not??
I started out quickly, but then settled back into a pace that I thought I could hold. The trail was really pretty with lots of ups and downs, and roots and rocks, plus a couple river crossings up to my thighs (brrrrr!).
All in all the race went well - I was aching at the end and glad I didn't decide on the 52K! Finished in 2:42, good enough for 2nd place. Great to see some familiar faces out there as well - a good day had by all.
Next up = Ontario Cup #1 on Sunday at Mansfied :)

Comments