One down...


Yesterday brought the first Ontario bike race of my season - headed to Mansfield for the Homage to Ice...and 14 degree C weather! No ice to be found. 50K course - well laid out double lap course, and a beauty day to be in the woods. I was a bit cautious with this one, as I was not sure of my overall fitness for this distance yet. Paced OK for the first lap, and held on for the 2nd, with hamstrings just barely starting to protest near the end. Don't think I drank enough, but all in all I was very pleased with my fitness. The bike behaved perfectly, and we had a great tour of the woods. CJ was there - good to see her after her winter training down south - she bested me for the win; I followed in 2nd overall, but 1st in my 'new' over-40 category (sigh....), so I had a little victory dance to do on the podium... :) Great to get one under my belt - next up = Seaton Trail 26K run next Sunday, then Mansfield again for the first Ontario Cup race in 2 wks. Yay summer!!
p.s. another batch of kale chips in my belly...mmmmmm (and Skye likes them too)

Comments