the week behind me

It's been a crazy week this past one...
To begin, Skye's lymph-lump came back again - smaller than before, but worrisome nonetheless - I made an emergency appointment to get her into the Mississauga Vet. Hospital on Wednesday AM.
They kept her for the day and did some aspiration, ultrasound and x-ray...poor little pooch.
She was very patient...as a patient...

I was so sad to leave her there, and then worried all day frantically that it would all turn out OK. She is home again, still awaiting results from one of the tests, but it looks like it may be infection from something foreign inside that keeps flaring up. The final test will tell us if it needs to be removed, or if antibiotics will do the trick. Yup, I am allowing antibiotics - totally against my beliefs, and I am considering ways to keep her gut flora up :) probiotics for dogs...not unheard of! Keeping my fingers crossed.
I spent the rest of the week avoiding school work, and doing lots of cooking (work and play). Last night I headed to Midland to pre ride the O Cup course for Sunday - it is super fun, even if it will be raining! The wet may make it pretty sketchy with all the roots and off camber sections - time will tell. Medusa's again?? (truly, they have been on the bike since Vermont as it keeps raining for every race/ride so far...)
I did a little grocery shopping while I was there, and was THRILLED that they carried the Purely Decadent - Coconut milk/agave icecreem wahooooo! So I bought some, ate some, and kept the rest frozen in my drink cooler until I got home. It has been since Boston that I have had the chance to indulge in this sweet treat, and I had been so missing summer ice cream breaks! Must pack ice to get more on Sunday...beats the pants off the rice creem!


Comments