Anyone know how to build an Ark??

Another Mudfest! Got the bike all cleaned up finally, and packed up my gear to head for Midland Sunday AM. You guessed it...it was raining! Better yet, it was a torrential downpour with thunder and lightning. We wondered if the race might be called off, but trekked onward anyhoo...the 9:30 race got hit HARD but kept going. By the time 11:30 came around, it was not alot better! Warmed up in the downpour - no sox, no gloves, raincoat (futile), and fought hard to see past streams of water in my eyes - ugh...and the race went on -
I had a great steady race - not as fast as one would hope, but the course was a pretty slippery bonanza, so I focused on staying balanced, upright, and pedaling forward - picking up speed where I could, and chilling in the sketchy bits. The tire choice was perfect, and it stuck as well as I could have hoped given the conditions - only had to run once. My gears cut out in the second half of the second lap, causing a bit of angst - I just had to use what I had left, and got through. Finished happily in 1st. Someone likened the race to a Bar-fight, and I totally agree...guess I'm OK in a bar-fight, so bring it...
Stop for more icecreem on the way home, and then found my power out once I got there. It has been off for the last day and a half, but the icecreem will survive!

Comments