100K and the Red Leaves Ramble

I have been up north on the island for the past few days - awesome - getting some good rest, and some good play as well. On Saurday I did a little pre ride of the Muskoka 70.3 (Half Ironman) course at Deerhurst. It is a very pretty course - constantly rolling and quite/scenic - will be a great race. I plan on riding Jake the Snake for this one, however, several spots of descent made me wish for a bigger big-ring...think I'll upgrade to a 50 for this one :)
Got back to the island in time for a family picnic on Picnic Rock - great to see some extended family, and some cousins whom I had not seen for awhile - great to get caught up! Everyone enjoyed the appearance of sun (finally) as we grilled grillables, drank drinkables, and swam and carried on - good times!
Sunday I stayed on the island and played in the water - testing out the new skinsuit for Maui - this thing is pretty great and it makes you feel like a fish; no wonder the pros use 'em...hope they aren't banned before then!!! My brother has a new Hobie, so he and Jack spent alot of time figuring out the finer details - high winds made for some very exciting sailing (and swimming ;)


I also spent alot of time hiding in the cabin working on my case studies for the final exams at school - arrggghhh...I am progressing sooooo sloooowly...:( The new Roger's Rocket stick makes it much easier though.
Skye palyed non-stop with Chester, and as a result spent a bit of time passed out in bed - ah, the dog days of summer :)
Monday I loaded the Hei Hei into the boat, then vehicle, and headed to Red Leaves Muskoka (Cleveland's House) to check out their new trail system. The Seguin was passing under the bridge at Port Sanfield, so traffic was stopped, and I took advantage of the photo op.

The trails at Red Leaves were shorter, but fun, and I could see the potential for more fun there in the future - several neat technical trails on the Canadian Shield features, plus some really well built berms, bridges and catwalks - cool! Went around each trail a few times to get in 20K, and then zipped over to Cleveland's House, and then Lake Jo Club, for snax and brew. And it only rained a little!!!! Unbelievable...
Home now, and guess what...it's raining!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Comments