sun, sand and singletrack...


Well I definitely got my share of spinning in for yesterday's Ganaraska Marathon - 78.5K of very fast and flowing singletrack, including many wicked fast downhill doubletrack trails. Good times! I was feeling pretty great throughout until the 4Hr. mark when my gut was racked with serious pains. Normally I have been racing with my own 'superjuice', but today I had to fall back into Sustained Energy, as I had run out of coconut water...normally, my body loves Sustained, but not today!! The pain was wicked, but luckily, it took the focus off of my tiring legs - so it all worked out OK. My bike computer konked out in the first 5K, so I never really knew how far away I was - when I got to 4:15, I knew I must be close to home, so I poured on the gas like a woman possessed, and held on 'till the finish. It was good for the win, and I was pretty happy with the way I felt! Dunc had an awesome race too - pulled in about 10-15 mins. before me, and placed very well in his cat.
Earlier today I took the pooches for a swim in Albion Hills so I could check out the trails after the Solstice carnage - hard to believe they will ever bounce back, but they will, and Chico and crew have done a great job repairing and re-routing/building - things are looking a little more positive!! I still may wait a week or so before getting back in there on the bike.
Now, time for a swim in Hunter's Lake - the Xterra this weekend is a 1.5K chilly swim, so I had better get ready!! Vermont here I come (and hopefully Hawaii too :)

Comments