OK, so I am lacking in post-ability...


Well, I had intended on extending the last post with colorful race descriptions and photos, but I seem to be taking waaaayyyyy too long - so here it is in a nutshell...
We got to Sugarbush after much contemplation. It was very tempting to call it off and head to Lake Placid for some awesome MTB, but, since we drove all this way, we had to conquer the course. So off we went to T1 and the swim - murkier water after a BIG night of rain - cannon went off and we plunged into the water - 69 degree wetsuit swim for the AG's - pro's, no suit. My swim was pretty good - 1500 in 26 mins. - not my strength, but I was happy. Onto the bike, I was dreading the ride ahead (should have been my strength) and the mountain before me. The first 5KM took close to 1 hr. - that's how hard this course was - can't say much about the bike except that I just put my head down and kept moving forward. 17Km in 2 hrs. - pathetic. I was only consoled by the fact that the pros were doing 1:30-2hrs. as well. Onto the run after a quick switch to the FF's; I felt somewhat renewed. This course was a mud-mountain heading straight up for the most part, and again, I just tried to keep moving forward. It was tough, tough, tough. Crossed the line VERY happy to be through. Managed to place 2nd in my Cat. and got the spot to Hawaii, so all in all, I guess it was a success! Now the real training begins :)
Drove home sleepily and even stopped at a great BBQ place called Tail 'O the Pup (hope that doesn't mean anything culinary...) and even had ice cream!! (soooooo painful but I wanted it!)

Comments