I knew there was a reason I loved it...

this from Nutrition for the Naiive...

"No, it’s not another Spice Girl. I’m talking about a real spice. A delicious spice, a healthy spice that can, in fact, make your body go “zigazig ha!”

New research in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that consuming a 3g of cinnamon (a little over 1/2 teaspoon) can help reduce the amount of insulin your body secretes after a meal. That means hope for those with type 2 diabetes and others with insulin sensitivity. More research needs to be done on the topic, but these tests are promising. If you tend to have unstable blood sugar levels, try adding more cinnamon to your food (think, topping a latte with cinnamon, or sprinkling it on oatmeal, or adding it to baked goods like pumpkin or banana bread).

A sprinkle of spice does your blood sugar nice''

I must use a couple teaspoons a day in various food stuffs - can it help me give up chocolate too???


Comments